- To improve the quality of scientific knowledge and pursuit of high standards of excellence in patient care, clinical practice and related sciences among professionals in the field of neurosurgery.
- To maintain an educational organization dedicated to the exchange of ideas and dissemination of scientific facts in the field of neurosurgery.
- To provide instruction, scientific meetings and professional publications for surgical, non-operative and diagnostic purposes in neurosurgery.
- To improve the means of communication with and support for scientists and clinicians in their work and to provide means for improving their work.
- To investigate and promulgate concepts and methods by which neurosurgical conditions may be detected and improved.
- To maintain the highest ethical standards for the organization and to maintain full communication and interaction with other recognized bodies and specialty associations.
- To strive for acceptable and equitable practise conditions and remuneration for those practising in neurosurgery.